Business Development Manager
Our client is an established childrenswear clothing brand. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team. This is a home-based role for the South East region and ideally suited to a candidate living in this area.
Business Development Manager- The Role:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms, customer events and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Feedback customer comments to the design department contributing to further improvement of the brand product and offering.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
Business Development Manager - The Candidate:
With a background in retail/field sales, you will be highly commercial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets. You’ll have excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external parties alike. You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. An enjoyment of, and willingness to, travel is a must.
- You will have a real appetite for sales and for exceeding your targets
- You will enjoy prospecting, developing relationships and being customer facing
- You will need some selling experience in a retail/field sales environment – preferably in the fashion sector
- You will like planning and objective setting and be analytical in your approach to reporting
- You will have commercial understanding of what makes businesses thrive and have demonstrable negotiation skills
- You will of course be computer literate, be an excellent communicator with a great attention to detail
- Ideally you will be super organised with excellent time management skills
- As you will be on the road, you will need a Full Clean Driving Licence
Business Development Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.