Garment Technologist - Swim/Activewear
We are actively recruiting on behalf of one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of Ladies' Men's & Children's, young fashion to many of the UK and European street retailers. They are actively looking to recruit an experienced Swim/Activewear Technologist to join their organisation.
My client is looking for someone who has the knowledge and experience of working with technical fabrics across Swim and Activewear. Working within a fast paced environment you will be working within a friendly team of Garment Technologists, Pattern-cutters, and Machinists.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To Prepare samples prior to fit meetings,
- Spec initial samples,
- Chase production samples.
- Measure and inspect samples for fit and quality
- Write fit comments
- Liaise with factories refit comments and spec requirements.
- Preparation of tech packs, working closely with pattern cutters and factories overseas.
- Previous experience essential working as a Garment Technologist specialising in Swim and Active within a supplier or a background in retail
- A sound understanding of fabrics relating to the Swim and Activewear sector.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and fit
- IT Literate with experience using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills across levels.
- Ability to use own initiative and be self-driven.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment