Assistant Product Technologist – Electricals
2 days left
We have a great opportunity for a Product Technologist or Assistant Technologist specialising in Electricals to join and develop their career within a successful national retailer. You will be part of a supportive Technical team and report into the Product Technologist.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or junior level technologist. Previous retail experience is not essential but a degree in a relevant discipline, and a knowledge domestic electrical appliances is preferred.
The role will assist with category strategy by supporting the Senior Product Technologist/ Product Technologist. Assistant Technologists work with the suppliers, our support teams, designers, merchandisers, trading, supply chain and retail teams to deliver great quality products that are consistently produced to the correct quality standard are safe and diligently procured meeting all standards and policies.
This is an excellent opening to develop your career and utilise your skills and expertise.
- Supports the delivery of products ensuring safety, legality and quality attributes are maintained.
- Supports the delivery of the category technical strategy as well as setting and implementing corporate sustainability targets.
- Supports product delivery including supplier and product approval, competitor benchmarking, customer/store feedback, range reviews and post implementation reviews.
- Risk assesses products under guidance.
- Products are fit for purpose. Implements guidance regarding innovation and differentiation from our competitors.
- Works with Senior Product Technologist, Product Technologist, buyers, and merchandisers and to identify supplier selection for products. Supports the sourcing strategy.
- Follows the KPI technical strategy with suppliers.
- Implements improvements in supplier performance or product quality.
- Supports technical team with administrative tasks
- Creates technical records for products where required.
- Work with buying, merchandising, design, packaging and other stakeholders to ensure product is available on time and on quality, meeting critical path KPI's.
- Supports the team with data collection and interpretation, looking at trends. Investigates and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Carry out store visits to purchase and review products as required on behalf of the team.
- A relevant degree or industry recognised electrical qualification
- Good systems knowledge especially Excel & MS Office.
- Analytical & Numerical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of business principles and core values.
- Effective communicator & net worker.
- Excellent admin and organisational ability.
- Science or product based background.
- The role may require travel within the UK and overseas (depending on product area and supply base location).
- Able to deliver results whilst working under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment, as an individual and within a team.
- Able to engage at all levels with effective communication.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Apply for Assistant Product Technologist – Electricals
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly