Rab Product Manager
For this exciting new role, we are looking to appoint a highly organised and results-oriented individual on a full time, permanent basis to work on our Rab brand. The successful candidate will work closely with our Design Director to oversee and drive the product lifecycle from concept through to commercialisation.
You will be collaborative to the core, with pride in producing high quality products from start to finish and a love of team working.
Whilst this is by no means an exhaustive list, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in identifying trends and delivering brand strategy plans.
- Researching and gathering market information.
- Collaboration with Creative Lead and Design Director to write seasonal range and product briefs.
- Driving seasonal timelines to ensure deliverables are met.
- Ensuring smooth two-way transition of information with marketing / buying / sales teams.
- Managing and tracking range structure and seasonal lines.
- Managing and tracking product feedback and input from key stake holders.
- Ensuring new product costing is market relevant and commercially viable.
For these roles, you should ideally be / have:
- Previous experience of bringing technical products to market.
- Outdoor industry / relevant commercial experience.
- Organised, meticulous and highly motivated to get the detail right with the ability to prioritise.
- Familiarity with technical apparel and / or equipment and softgoods design, development and marketing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive partnerships.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and a pro-active / independent thinker.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft.
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Relevant degree.
- Knowledge of our brands and competitors.
- An active interest in outdoor activities and a passion for what we do.
What we can we offer you in return:
A competitive salary, company bonus scheme, pension and life assurance, flexible working schemes and an early finish on Fridays. There’s staff discounts on our products and we offer a wide range of reciprocal trade discounts on climbing, bikes, camping, sailing and running equipment. There’s a casual dress code and we operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment but we work hard to get the job done. We have great modern office facilities and free on-site parking.
Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Equip Outdoor Technologies own and operate two leading aspirational outdoor brands Rab and Lowe Alpine. The company HQ is a lively and creative hub and sits on the edge of the Peak District. The location and facilities allow staff to work and play in an environment that nurtures the development of world-class outdoor products and a personal interest in activities such as climbing, running, cycling and hiking.
Combining years of experience with the latest technologies and fabrics, Rab are proud to create ground breaking products that revolutionise the way people dress in the mountains. Always embracing innovation our clothing and equipment shows a deep understanding of the environment our products are worn in and an evident passion for the outdoors.