Drapers Senior Business Development Manager
This is an exciting role selling marketing solutions, bespoke campaigns and event sponsorship to key accounts from Womenswear:
- The candidate will effectively grow and manage key, strategic, new and established customer relationships, research the fashion sector, recognise trends and become an expert in the industry in order to contribute to current and future sales strategies for fashion brands. The role will involve great customer service and the ability to recognise what are the next developments in fashion and how that will impact the fashion retail sector
- Maintain regular contact with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase the brand’s share of clients’ spend
- Ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across the entire brand portfolio digital, print and events through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business.
- With over 130 years heritage, Drapers has unique insight on the evolution of this remarkable sector and continues to inspire and educate its audience with the latest innovations in the market across business operations and product development.
- Brands are a key part of the fashion industry and we want to bring them on our journey to support fashion businesses to ensure they are fit for the future. This role will support wholesale brands to drive their multi-channel strategies, engaging their stockists with their latest product offering and highlighting how they are differentiating themselves in a crowded brand marketplace, telling their story and creating a world that customers want to be part of.
- It will involve canvassing trade shows and fashion week to discover new brands, find that unique proposition that the market needs to know about – and should be stocking. We are looking for a market-facing brand ambassador that can sell Drapers’ vision and the multiple opportunities that Drapers can offer brands to increase their brand awareness, connect with the industry’s leading retailers and do better business.
- Raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the advertising media of choice.
- Deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues as defined by your manager.
- Identify new revenue streams (on and offline) to generate sustainable growth, year on year.
- Find and target new areas for revenue i.e. new advertisers from the competition, new product and company launches featured in editorial.
- Be accountable for all business covered by your allocated area of responsibility. This should include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client’s history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers and so on.
- Sell new projects to relevant clients, and to gain an answer from all clients before deadlines.
- To attend industry exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.