Fantastic career opportunity for a talented fabric Technologist for a well established successful supplier with the opportunity to strengthen their knowledge and expertise further in the fabric tech world !
Responsibility for the company's fabric library to ensure all fabrics used are fit for purpose.
Continuously increasing fabric knowledge and updating fabric library in line with the current market offering to keep the company as industry leaders.
The Fabric Technologist is ultimately responsible for the following areas
- Fabric Development
- Develop an understanding of the garment manufacturing processes including patterns, make-up and quality
- Researching new fabrics to meet customer demand and market competition
- Organising relevant fabric testing and wearer trials
- Recommending changes or adaptations to current or future fabric ranges as a result of successful trials
- Ensuring quality, ethical and legal standards are met for all fabrics
- Advising in the content and design of care labels for new fabrics
- Attending supplier meetings or trade fairs to maintain B2B relationships and increase product awareness
- Maintaining and updating fabric specification files
- Ensuring conformance details and relevant certification is requested for any new fabrics for marketing and reference purposes
- Ensuring that commodities (thread, zips, badges, tape etc. ) are fully tested and compliant with EN standards
- Customer Contact
- Assisting in the application of tenders from a technical fabric perspective
- Carrying out training sessions for customers or new team members in fabrics
- Supporting the Sales team and Product Development team in any queries relating to fabrics
- Understanding the processes involved in commercial laundering (used by a large range of our customers) and the effect it has on each garment.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Fabric library suitability and scope
- Successful support and recommendations to internal and external contacts
The position reports directly to the Product Manager.
KEY REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience working with a large range of fabrics beneficial)
- Self-motivated, committed and interested in their work
- Excellent product technical ability
- Excellent fabric knowledge ( any PPE fabric knowledge beneficial)
- Excellent level of mathematical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Working well within a team
- Knowledge of the PPE Regulation and relatable EN Standards beneficial
- This is a great career opportunity for any talented fabric technologist wanting to extend there fabric knowledge into other areas.
If you are a specialist in this field then we want to hear from you TODAY please contact us by sending in your updated CV details !