Junior Fabric Technologist - Temporary
This role covers fabric sourcing, base testing and bulk testing. The junior technologist is responsible for maintaining records of all fabrics selected by the design team and follows these through to completion of bulk fabric testing. Supervised by the cloth manager they should risk assess all fabrics and styling according to customer requirements and ensure selected fabrics are fit for purpose.
Fabric sourcing - work with designers to source appropriate fabrics, fit for purpose:
* Order sampling for design team and ensure it is produced and delivered to factories within agreed delivery date.
* Ensure fabric sample information is kept in an organised manner and up to date
* Record basic fabric spec information for all sampling. (Composition, width, weight, dyeing, count)
* Maintain correct price information
* Send sourcing swatches to suppliers
* Follow up sourcing requests, hangers etc.
* Update stock list periodically.
Base testing - ensure all fabrics are checked in line with customer standards prior to production:
* Action base tests on new qualities and list on base test status spreadsheet.
* List required tests according to customer and send to factory / mill to action tests at ITS.
* Request and check full fabric specification
* File all specifications and test reports in base test folder
* Request Wearer Trials and list on WT status spreadsheet
* Check and measure wearer trial garments and issue to wearers with relevant forms.
* Assess wearer trial garments and record trial results.
Bulk order confirmation - risk assess garment, create fabric checklist and check all fabric test reports:
* Add booked style to fabric progress spreadsheet
* Complete fabric checklist per style, entering fabric information and listing tests required for base, bulk and additional colours. Send to factory and mill.
* Set up test requests on customer online systems as required.
* Set up fabric technical submission form and fabric swatches for customer approval for all new fabrics.
* Create garment wash care code sheet for approval
* Enter relevant information into order meeting notes and attend orders meetings.
* Chase and check bulk fabric test reports from mill / factory
* Upload test reports and documents to customer's online systems as required.
* Ensure testing for all styles is complete and meets customer requirements.
* Enter test completion date in "Vision" system.
* Report all failing test results to Senior Fabric Technologist and arrange retesting.
Apply for Junior Fabric Technologist - Temporary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly