Womenswear Denim & Woven Bottoms Design Manager - Hong Kong
Our client is a highly successful manufacturer and supplier of denim and casual wovens to major US & European retail groups. They are now looking for an experienced Design Manager for their young women's department, to continue with this success.
The Candidate: Women’s Denim Design Manager – Hong Kong
• You will have extensive experience of designing young women’s casualwear, specifically bottoms, across denim, plus casual and washed wovens.
• Knowledge of wash techniques for bottoms, especially denim
• You will have an understanding of garment costing
• Ideally you will have experience of designing for the US market. If not then your experience must be designing for major UK/European retail groups.
• You must be able to demonstrate longevity in your career
• Team leadership/management of both product and designers is essential
• Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills are essential in this fast paced role
• Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential
The Role: Women’s Denim Design Manager – Hong Kong
• Working in a fast pace, high volume design/development studio in Hong Kong, you will be responsible for developing best selling styles for young women’s casual wovens, specifically denim.
• Developing different collections throughout the year that must be trend-led and tailored towards this company’s current customer base
• You will be responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims as per customer specifications
• The role will include some overseas travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings.
The Package: Women’s Denim Design Manager – Hong Kong
A competitive salary is available plus relocation and healthcare