National Sales Manager
Our client is one of large and successful group of companies within the textile manufacturing sector. They now have a rare and unique opportunity for a National Sales Manager, with a long view of succession planning.
National Sales Manager: The Role
- Managing a small team including sales, customer service and distribution and working along side the Sales Office Manager.
- Working with the internal teams to service existing customers with a view to increasing volume and range of products presented to the client.
- Proactively creating opportunities for increasing the customer base through prospecting and establishing rapport and relationships with buyers and procurement.
- Working to expand the markets already operated in - with particular focus on hotels, leisure, healthcare, education, retail, specifier, marine,MOD etc, utilising current procurement contracts.
- Delivering to target on both turnover and profit.
- Visiting customers, producing visit reports and future actions for the internal team to follow up.
- Tendering for large scale business as necessary.
- Ensuring all quotations take account of technical specifications and requirements.
- Involved in marketing initiatives to drive sales and engagement.
- Working within a small team being prepared to be involved in all areas of the business to drive performance and results.
- Office based with approximately 2-3 days per week customer visits.
- Working within ISO 9001 standards.
National Sales Manager - The Candidate
- Previous proven experience in national account management is essential
- Proven experience negotiating with procurement, buyers on large national accounts.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Able to work as part of a small team.
- Computer literacy essential (word/excel/outlook)
- Previous experience of contract furnishings would be a distinct advantage.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
National Sales Manager - The Package
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.