As a Designer at Kristina Fidelskaya, you will play an essential role in the conception, and production of beautiful ideas, garments and accessories. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft to your work, developing and delivering collections, which will be showcased ‘on schedule’ during Paris Fashion Week.
Working in an environment that seeks to inspire and have fun with creative problem solving and product creation, you will find yourself engaged on many different types of creative work.
The designer will be involved in the creative process and will be responsible for the process from A-Z contributing in the following fields; inspiration--research--mood board creation--fabric selection—sketches— conceptual ideas—work with patternmakers and tailors—garment creation—manages deadlines--.
The role is to work alongside with the brand’s Creative and Design Directors and to contribute in the whole process once the mood/theme of the collection is announced take the initiative and deliver on the ideas of the designs & shapes. From the fabrics selection until passing the sketches to the in-house development team or until the garments are finalized with the development team.
This role is best suited for a young, highly talented and motivated individual with a strong understanding of the brand identity and vision. It is ideal for someone with a background in luxury brands. Kristina Fidelskaya has a forward driven work environment, which makes this position the best opportunity for an ambitious individual to make their mark within the fashion industry, working together with a talented and passionate team.
We are looking for a Fashion Designer to work with us on a full time or freelance basis under the seasonal trends of the Women’s RTW collection (would ideally include shoes and accessories but based on the agreed scope).
- In addition to being creative, has to have great technical skills
- Has to have clear understanding of the Kristina Fidelskaya brand to execute on the Creative Director’s vision and maintain the brand identity
- Fluent English
- Experience in luxury brands with similar aesthetic
- Good Taste, sensibility, modernity, conceptual
- Knowledge of textiles and fabrics
- Solid understanding of product construction and production (e.g., finishing techniques, fabrics, trim development, fit)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment
- Very good understanding of the design process, apparel, and image aesthetics
- Highly proficient in pattern making, sewing, garment construction, and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design from an accredited University
The main tasks to describe role includes but not limited to:
- Create and formulate innovative fashion design concepts
- Form a clear vision of the season’s inspiration
- Generate mood boards and sketches based on trend research
- Put the designs on to sketches which are further worked through with the Creative Director
- Pass the sketches and ideas to the pattern makers with all required info and suggestions
- Be present at the fittings in order to discuss garments and provide comments in order to finalize pieces
- English, Full professional proficiency
ESTABLISHED IN 2014 BY ENTREPRENEUR AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR KRISTINA FIDELSKAYA. THE BRAND HAS RECENTLY MADE THE MOVE TO PARIS FASHION WEEK SHOWCASING TWO COLLECTIONS A YEAR AND TWO PRE COLLECTIONS.THE BRAND IS RECOGNIZED FOR A RELAXED ATTITUDE WITH A FOCUS ON MATERIALS AND TAILORING. CLEAN LINES, FEMININITY AND ELEGANCE CREATE THE BRANDS IDENTITY, USING CLASSICAL TECHNIQUES AS A FOUNDATION TO INTRODUCES NEW VOLUMES, MODERN FABRICS AND INNOVATIVE FINISHES.DESIGNING FROM HER DUBAI BASED STUDIO KRISTINA SURROUNDS HERSELF WITH AN INTERNATIONAL TEAM, PRODUCING AND SOURCING PREDOMINANTLY IN THE UK, FRANCE AND ITALY. THE LABEL IS CURRENTLY SELLING INTERNATIONALLY WHOLESALE AND RETAIL. THE BRAND OPENED THE DOORS TO IT'S FIRST STORE IN DUBAI IN 2016 AND IS OPENING IN DECEMBER 2018 IN DUBAI MALL, FASHION AVENUE, THE FLAGSHIP STORE, AND IN PARIS, 4 RUE DU MARCHE SAINT HONORE IN MARCH 2019. THE LABEL IS SET TO OPEN STORES IN LONDON, NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES.