Senior Garment Technologist
A strong and successful Sales and Design studio based in Central London experiencing expansion and are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Garment Technologist with wovens experience in particular to join the team. The position plays an instrumental role within the business communicating across Design & Production teams ensuring the accurate and efficient production of garments with production facilities in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and China.
Full ownership for garment specifications and critical path management from development through to production sealers.
- Working on the fit of garments in all product ranges from the 1st proto through to production
- Working with the Designer and Account Manager on fits and assessing factory capabilities for first Samples.
- Organising and attending fit meetings with the Production team and relaying clear & concise fit comments to all factories
- Measuring all samples, creating, amending and updating fully graded specs and providing technical drawings/diagrams where necessary
- Attending regular Design meetings with Clients in order to update the team on sampling progress
- Liaising with the factory to ensure patterns are amended accordingly, track in-house patterns and ensure that graded patterns are checked prior to production
- Liaising with the Design team & Account Manager ensure that styles/patterns are prioritised according to the Critical Path and updating tracking tools accordingly.
- Working with the factories to assess fabrics in order to determine suitable vendors
- Working across departments to ensure that all necessary people are updated on any QA issues or changes in product
- Working closely alongside factories to ensure product meets the required quality standards
- Checking bulk fabrics and gold seal samples are fit for production and ensure factories have all necessary information to deliver a first class product
- Assisting the Design team with transferring sketches to Illustrator and using Excel to create accurate specs
- Being a point of contact for factories for any technical issues or queries they may have throughout the sampling and production period
- Spot-checking production by making store and warehouse visits to ensure finishing is of a first-class standard
- Perfectionist, passionate and commercial
- Strong communicator with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Practical and good attention to detail
- Team player and able to work under pressure calmly and closely with factories
- Experienced in working within a fast fashion environment
- Understanding a workroom environment