We have a position, for a Fabric Technologist, responsible for delivering all strategic and operational technical aspects of development and production across Fabrics, in a timely, creative and cost effective manner for our client who are a successful print design studio.
The company produces woven and jersey products - across all womenswear. The key candidate must have commercial experience and should be able to influence at source (factory) and with clients in order to achieve suitable outcome, solutions and opportunities where required for both parties.
- All fabric sourcing and development for across the UK
- Direction of Risk Analysis for all new fabric and garment developments.
- Managing the pre-production process of booked fabrics
- Auditing and preparing a preferred supplier list for fabric mills, subsequent evaluation and recommendation.
- Technical liaison with customers for production and development both on fabric
- Managing failure through damage limitation, problem solving and staff guidance, minimising all potential costs/penalties for fabric factories
- Advising Senior Management on new fabric trend/cost/technical limitations and benefits.
- Excellent ability to develop and foster client relationships.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- The ability to organise and administrate in a proficient way
- Effective management skills through seamless and clear communication
- Market awareness/product /price/innovation in particular across fabric.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of fabric design, construction and performance.
- The ability to find soloutions in a cost effective and resourceful manner for both client and factories
- Strong understanding of fabric constructions, production and finishes to meet client requirements
- The ability to conduct client visit at source and to visit trade exhibitions world-wide