Senior Fabric Technologist
We have a position, for a Senior Fabric Technologist, responsible for delivering all strategic and operational technical aspects of development and production across Fabrics, in a timely, creative and cost effective manner for our client who are large manufacturers of quality garments supplying International Retailers and Brands.
The company produces Knitwear, Jerseywear, Outerwear and Loungewear - across all womenswear. The key candidate must have commercial experience and should be able to influence at source (factory) and with clients in order to achieve suitable outcome, solutions and opportunities where required for both parties.
- All fabric sourcing and development for across the UK
- Direction of Risk Analysis for all new fabric and garment developments.
- Managing the pre-production process of booked fabrics
- Auditing and preparing a preferred supplier list for fabric mills, subsequent evaluation and recommendation.
- Evaluating and approving the capabilities of potential and existing factories across the Far East from an ethical standpoint
- Technical liaison with customers for production and development both on fabric
- Managing all technical staff ensuring that the garment and fabric techs fulfil their designated role
- Managing failure through damage limitation, problem solving and staff guidance, minimising all potential costs/penalties for fabric factories
- Attending sample/product presentations to new customers from a technical perspective
- Attending design briefs/trend presentations/textile exhibitions.
- Development and training of all new manufacturing sources for all technical aspects of delivery across all fabric
- Advising Senior Management on new fabric trend/cost/technical limitations and benefits.
- Involvement in all aspects of corporate strategy at board level - in particular within the supply chain.
- Awareness of the performance of all accounts within the business from a financial, technical and fabric development perspective.
- Excellent ability to develop and foster client relationships.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- The ability to organise and administrate in a proficient way
- Effective management skills through seamless and clear communication
- Market awareness/product /price/innovation in particular across fabric.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of fabric design, construction and performance.
- The ability to find soloutions in a cost effective and resourceful manner for both client and factories
- Strong understanding of Garment production in addition to fabric constructions, production and finishes to meet client requirements
- The ability to conduct client visit at source and to visit trade exhibitions world-wide
Apply for Senior Fabric Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly