Disney Creative Director - Fashion & Home Product Development
A permanent opportunity to join our creative, commercial, fast paced Softlines team in Hammersmith, west London.
The Product Development Director will play a key role in the Consumer Products Creative team, responsible for driving the regional creative, design and product development activities for Fashion and Home categories whilst utilising Disney's rich heritage in storytelling.
- Lead the product development team for Fashion and Home, collaborating with the Vice President, Creative and Product Development, EMEA and the licensing leads, while driving a consistent, elevated merchandise assortment across all regions and channels.
- Develop and deliver quality, authentic storytelling product with a focus on creativity and innovation that supports the financial objectives of Disney Parks, Experiences & Product (DPEP)
- Deliver asset updates and manage correct use of assets with licensees, whilst managing their creative needs
- Lead licensees in the execution of product development for the brand that supports franchise opportunities, business strategies, new initiatives and company priorities
- Partner with the licensing franchise team to direct licensees in the development and product needs for special projects such as road shows, film pitches etc.
- Work in partnership with licensing leads and Disney creative team to develop assets and product that delivers on the Softlines strategy
- Partner with counterparts within licensing and licensees to define and develop product assortment, product trends and new opportunities in the marketplace. Proactively observe and respond to market trends within product categories and share observations with team
- Manage and oversee the team through the product development process, meeting milestones and deadlines leading product development sessions and product approvals at all critical stages
- Reinforce product integrity and brand guidelines to ensure all product meets Disney brand requirements as well as all government product requirements for all countries shipped to
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships across The Walt Disney Company, in particular relevant individuals and teams within DPEP, Parks and Resorts, Studios and Disney Channel
- Lead, mentor and develop a Product Development team that is creative, collaborative, flexible and focused on the consumer
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate:
- Significant product development experience, including in leadership roles
- Knowledge of the product and creative development process
- Design background / education preferred
- Strong product expertise in manufacturing, essential
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to guide, direct and positively influence towards a common goal
- An ability to think strategically, providing direction for product, trends and business opportunities
- Demonstrative ability to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filters
This role may require UK or international travel.
Please apply now and our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss further - a rare permanent opportunity to join Disney's leading edge Consumer Products team!