Designer - Ladies Soft Tailoring
Our client is an established leading ladies soft tailoring supplier who is looking for a trend-led, fashion-forward designer to work on soft tailoring and formal wovens. The ideal candidate will be working on their major Fashion Accounts as well as leading supermarket chains.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented designer with previous supplier background and previous experience working on young high street accounts.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Producing mood boards.
- Designing new trend-led commercial ranges.
- Working closely with the sales team.
- Regularly researching trends.
- As a designer you will be responsible from initial ideas to final concept.
- The ability to see and present their ideas and concepts to a wider audience.
- Being responsible for designing and developing Tailoring garments for two key accounts.
- Trend presentations to senior level, commercially identifying fabric/styles appropriate to the business.
- Confidently initiate the Design and Development from concept to production.
- Must be capable of seeing through garments from sketch to approved sample.
- Technical and fit expertise essential to create commercial garments.
- Travel to shows and comp shopping.
- Experience working for a fast fashion supplier.
- Able to work at a fast pace.
- Tailoring Design experience for the UK High Street.
- Knowledge for trend, colour and fabrics.
- Your portfolio should indicate an inspirational and trend-led handwriting.
- Ability to interpret key trends and make them commercial.
- You need to be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You will need to demonstrate passion, drive, with an enthusiasm for women's wear products.
- The successful candidate must have strong communication and presentation skills.