Senior Marketing Manager
Brown Cow London, Senior Marketing Manager
Employed by Brown Cow, we are an organisation specialising in sourcing professional support staff and placing them within the organisations that require specific support for ad hoc projects.
We are excited to be looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, working with one of our amazing clients, an exciting well recognised media organisation.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. YouTube’s job is to demonstrate how their products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. They approach marketing in the same way --breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
YouTube Subscriptions launched in June 2018 in the UK. YouTube Premium -- users can get YouTube ad-free, offline and listening in the background. As part of the YouTube Premium offering, they also have YouTube Music - a new music streaming service app made by YouTube (available on both IOS and Android).
Terms of contract: Full time 6 or 12 month contract. 37.5 hours per week
Purpose of the role:
As the local UK marketing lead for YouTube Premium: Retail, Telco and Brand activations you will be responsible for managing our in-store and online presence across 3rd party retailers, delivering multiple local marketing work streams to drive subscriptions to YouTube Premium (Ad-Free, offline and background listening) and YouTube Music (a new music streaming app, made by YouTube).
This role will have a focus on helping to deliver global partnerships at a local UK level, ensuring pre-agreed global deliverables are executed locally (CRM emails, mobile notifications, in-store POS, experiential activations) and to an exceptional standard, whilst building new creative experiential and digital opportunities with Google hardware and other 3rd party distributors and retailers.
You will act as an enthusiastic spokesperson for YouTube’s 3rd partners, working with selected retailers on sales rep training, ecommerce best practice integration and, where possible, incentivising staff to discuss YouTube premium promotional offers (3 months free trial) at the point-of-sale.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Partner closely with the global and regional partnership team, Google hardware team, and external partners [retailers and telco] to build new distribution opportunities for YouTube Premium Subscriptions.
- Design and build key campaign moments nationwide in-store and online to drive awareness of 3MFT offers on specific hardware devices.
- Assist with tracking of all activations using acquisition and engagement metrics, maintaining performance dashboards, and weekly reporting to key marketing execs and XFN leads for key projects.
- Assist with creative testing, digital/ecommerce best practices and establishing a test-learn-repeat approach across all distribution projects and partnership initiatives.
- Collaborate with UK Subscriptions marketing team and EMEA leads to focus on project delivery - facilitate collaboration, address conflict, and managing timelines and workload.
Applicable to all Brown Cow London employees:
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of Brown Cow.
- Participate, as appropriate, in meetings.
- Adhere to all Brown Cow’s policies and procedures.
- Represent Brown Cow in a professional manner.
- Treat all colleagues, Brown Cow members, Clients and members of the public with dignity and work within and adhere to Brown Cow’s equal opportunities statement and policies.
Carry out any reasonable requests made that are within the broad remit of this role
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent significant work experience within a Marketing/agencies background -with demonstrably strong digital ad strategic skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally within a diverse community of technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrably strong copywriting skills, with the ability to think creatively and strategically about how to communicate and promote YouTube premium across 3rd party partners.
- Leadership qualities - confident in managing projects and working with key stakeholders across departments / levels of seniority.
- Strong can-do attitude and the ability to work independently
- Being data driven you will have strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills -- ensuring all activations drive strong ROI and meaningful subscriptions
- Experience closely working with agencies and vendors through complex projects with end-to-end delivery.
- A self-starter with experience in retail [preferably telco retailers but not essential]
- A deep and curious understanding of building an ecommerce presence on 3rd party sites, delivering in-store events and incentivising and educating retail partners on key benefits of YouTube Premium.
- Demonstrable breadth of experience in marketing, partnerships and/or retail/telco sector.
- Have experience working within or closely within retail [preferably telco but not essential] with experience delivering end-to-end in-store activations and ecommerce presence via 3rd party partners through CRM database, notifications and website activations.
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and constantly evolving context.
- Be familiar with online marketing tools, digital and strategies.
- Experience across data analysis and implementing strategic data-driven approaches to ensure all activations drive sales performance and uplift.
- Attention to detail: accomplishes tasks with thoroughness, accuracy and reliability.
- Team working: builds and develops appropriate relationships with colleagues, members and suppliers at all levels of seniority. Committed team player, with the ability to motivate others.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: maintains effectiveness in a changing environment. Able to be flexible in approach to work without losing sight of key objectives.
- Communications: expresses ideas effectively and conveys information appropriately and accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Resilience: maintains performance under pressure and / or opposition.
- Analysis/Reasoning: examines data in order to grasp issues, draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Staff management: manages staff in ways that improve their ability and motivation to succeed on the job.