Our client is a global manufacturer of mens, ladies and childrenswear. They now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join their menswear team, based in Manchester.
Assistant Merchandiser: The Role:
- Ensure the correct quality submissions are submitted to the customer within the correct lead-time.
- To be an efficient communicator between customer and supplier. Relaying product information between customers and factories in a clear and concise manner both by telephone and e-mail.
- Enabling approvals on time and ensuring shipment and delivery to customer is on time. Following up any problems / quality issues which arise.
- Relaying product information between the team, in a clear and concise manner to ensure they are aware of any new developments or changes to orders.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Check and send label orders to their offices and suppliers in the Far East.
- Liaising with import department to ensure, that they are informed of any delivery amendments in order for goods to be processed and delivered on time.
- Work with customers, designers and directors/salesman to develop enquiries and confirm orders with the customer.
- Check all details on the customer contracts and passing all relevant details to the supplier and account manager.
- Ensure critical path / summary is updated as amendments are agreed - i.e. price, shipment, quantity etc.
- Working with the account manager, designers, garment techs, suppliers and customer to finalise all aspects of new orders.
Assistant Merchandiser: The Candidate
- Degree or equivalent relating to the clothing industry is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, efficient and can work to tight deadlines, within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of Excel, Word and e-mail applications is required
- Experience within the clothing industry is desirable
- Previous experience as a wholesale /import merchandiser is desirable
- Experience with liaising with the Far East would also be desirable
Assistant Merchandiser: The Package
- Competitive salary dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted