Business Development Executive/Account Manager
Business Development Executive/Account Manager – UK, South East area (Home based with extensive UK travel)
About our client
One of the UK’s bestselling specialist brands. The company has a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 25 countries worldwide.
With a background in retail/field sales, you will be highly commercial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets. You’ll have excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external parties alike. You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. An enjoyment of, and willingness to, travel is a must. This is a home-based role with extensive travel on a weekly basis with an expectation that you are “on the road” visiting customers at least four days each week within your territory. Relevant fashion experience selling into retailers in the South East is highly desirable.
Your Role in a Nutshell
To identify new business development opportunities that are in line with the company’s growth aspirations and nurture existing accounts to achieve their full potential.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms, customer events and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Feedback customer comments to the design department contributing to further improvement of the product and offering.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to our marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Identify key accounts with growth potential within your territory and work with marketing to organise events, bespoke POS and VM/product training.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to increase sales with existing clients and recruit new business.
- Home based with extensive travel visiting at least two customers every day during the pre-order selling period and in-season to drive re-orders.
- You will love people and people will love you!
- You will have a real appetite for sales and for exceeding your targets
- You will enjoy prospecting, developing relationships and being customer facing
- You will need some selling experience in a retail/field sales environment – preferably in the fashion sector
- You will like planning and objective setting and be analytical in your approach to reporting
- You will have commercial understanding of what makes businesses thrive and have demonstratable negotiation skills
- You will of course be computer literate, be an excellent communicator with a great attention to detail
- Ideally you will be super organised with excellent time management skills
- As you will be on the road, you will need a Full Clean Driving Licence
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience, plus a sales target related bonus and company car.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- A share of the profits - if we have a good year we’ll share it.
- You’ll get a great discount across our fantastic range.
- We hold regular company events organised by our very own Fun Committee.
- We offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, our client is not licensed to sponsor overseas workers. We operate an equal opportunities process. Only successful candidates will be contacted.