Your role will be to support the Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager (as part of the wider Procurement Team), to source and develop clothing/apparel and manufacturing solutions to service the business needs and strategies.
To ensure that the solutions comply with the technical and CSR expectations of the business and those of a diverse range of clients.
Sourcing Assistant – The Job Outline:
- To seek out and advise the business on new developments and opportunities that would enhance the commercial appeal.
- Manage all assigned critical path activities dates.
- Alongside the Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager drive margin improvement opportunities.
- To support the Sourcing & Supplier Development Management in creating an appraisal methodology for the supply base to accurately assess the performance of key vendors.
- To assist the Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager in the management of CSR responsibilities.
- To be aware of the business level of risk with any supplier in terms of operational performance and financial standing.
- To manage and complete, where assigned, applicable costing for tenders.
Sourcing Assistant – The Person Specification:
- Ideal applicant will have 1-2 previous experience within a similar direct buying, sourcing, purchasing or procurement position.
- Experience within fashion or textiles would be desirable, or relevant degree studies
- A knowledge of working with costings, ability to negotiate.
- Strong analytical skills, numerate and attentive to the detail
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Able to work and complete projects independently.
- Good level of IT knowledge especially Microsoft Excel.
- Desirable: part CIPS qualified/prepared to work towards it. Company supports personal development and training courses.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11507 AA
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.