This is a great opportunity for Accessory Designers looking for the next step in their career!
You will be designing and developing trend led Accessories that fall in line with customer requirements and values, and also target margin. You will be expected to present the designs back to the customer and constantly build relationships.
You will be eager and ready to hit the ground running, showing enthusiasm in your day to day role and sharing ideas with your team.
This really welcoming business is looking for another friendly face to join their team!
Accessories Designer- The Role:
- Working on various accounts across all areas - men’s & ladies soft accessories & sunglasses
- Working closely with the designers & senior designers on design using Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Researching trends and creating mood boards, trend reports and ideas.
- Liaising with factories in the Far East to ensure deadlines are met
- Attending customer meetings and designing to customer briefs.
- Preparing Design Packs for manufacturers.
- Making presentations to customers on new season trends.
- Designing ranges for customers based on key commercial looks.
- Regular development trips to the Far East.
- Liaising with our account managers and technologists to ensure products are developed to meet customers’ quality and price requirements.
Accessories Designer- The Candidate:
- Pro-active and creative.
- Passionate about design and fashion.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and hardworking environment.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to work as part of a team and individually when needed.
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer knowledge of high street brands & awareness of cost.
- Strong presentation and teamwork skills.
- Keen to contribute ideas.
- Strong CAD skills - confident on Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign.
- Able to identify emerging trends and interpret them for commercial product ranges.
- Able to work to a critical path and work well under pressure.
- Experience working with European and Far East factories/suppliers.
- Applicants should have a degree in design and at least 2 year’s relevant experience designing on sunglasses, bags or belts or a combination. They could be of Junior Designer or Designer Level, possibly a newish senior if their experience was on bags.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Quoting our reference: 11532 JJ.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.