Junior Product developer / Garment Technologist
Our client, a leading lifestyle sportswear brand house, is looking for a Junior Product Developer/ Garment Technologist with at least one year experience to work within a friendly, enthusiastic and excelling apparel Design and Development team.
You will be working across categories of Men’s,Women’s and Childrens' from initial concept through to bulk samples on in-house collections and special make ups collections.
You will be responsible for ensuring the product is produced to the desired quality, whilst assisting in the coordinating raw materials/trims where necessary, and production in a timely manner.
- Assist and support the Product developer with the day to day duties
- Amend cad Overviews, cad drawings or tech packs were required.
- Convert all approved designs to Jpeg for upload to GLMS.
- Check GLMS for approvals regularly.
- Approval of lab dip, print strike offs, embroideries at proto stage.
- Measure & prepare samples make notes related to the products.
- Day to day factory liaison.
- Ensuring all Fabric Qualities, Fabric Colours, Embroideries, Prints, Trims & Labelling /Packaging is all correct before production commences.
- Assisting in the Critical path management and attending the meetings with the Operations team
- Sending out PP/shipment samples to the buyers for approval or reference.
- Assist in organizing sample rails as per the orders.
- Assisting in updating the sample tracker/production approval status.
- From time to time attend buyer meetings.
- Ensure data integrity
Required Experience and Skills
You will ideally have at least at least 1-year experience in Apparel Product Development/Garment Tech/Apparel Merchandiser role in the fashion industry.
Good knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing process.
Good computer skills. Good knowledge on fits and materials.
Ability to follow tech packs/specs accurately.
Attention to detail.
Good communication skills.
Very organised and pro-active person.
Good team player.
Note: Applicants must be UK residents.