Assistant Store Director - de Gruchy
de Gruchy is a unique department store that has enjoyed 200 years in a landmark building in the centre of St Helier Jersey, the largest of the Channel Islands.
As Assistant Store Director you will be operating in a business that sells luxury goods as well as household favorites, employing 200 people with a turnover circa £20m. Significant investment in the last three years positions de Gruchy well for future growth.
You will be an experienced retail manager, passionate about what you do, with a proven track record in delivering sales and profit targets, either in a department store environment or relevant multi-sector areas.
You will enjoy leading from the front, and will thrive on developing and motivating the team to bring the best out of them. A coaching style will fit naturally with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Reporting directly to the Store Director you will have responsibility for driving performance, maximising sales and profitability, through a well merchandised store and motivated, customer focused teams.
There is an excellent remuneration package, including assistance with relocation, with the added benefit of working with an exciting management team in a growing business.
Applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Significant previous experience in a quality department store environment or relevant multi sector areas, with a proven track record in retail management, including store layout and service standards.
- Passionate about retail, commercially focused, outgoing, confident and hard working.
- Experience of the achievement of sales targets (in the range of £10 million - £25 million) and the management of budgets.
- Able to provide effective leadership and coaching to your team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence and build strong cross functional relationships.
- A hands on, proactive, floor based approach.
- IT literate with excellent numerical and analytical skills