Design Manager – Ladies Athleisure
Our client is a large supplier of Women's and Men's Woven’s to all major US and UK retailers. Their headquarters are based in Hong Kong and they have trend offices in New York and London and supply Women's and Men’s bottoms in Casual, Active and Denim.
We are delighted to be working with them on this new position, for a Design Manager. They are now looking for an experienced Design Manager for their young women's department to focus on their new athleisure department to be based out of their Hong Kong offices. The Hong Kong offices house their main Design Team with a group of Fashion Designers, Fabric Specialists, Print, Textile & Graphic artists and Trend Forecasters, that provide product inspiration and market intelligence to their clients.
They produce a line each season with monthly drops of newness, catering exclusively to the private label brands of all major retailers that they supply to.
For the Design Manager, the requirement would be for someone that has 7+ years’ experience in Women's Athleisure bottoms, and has managed a team to put together a line and handled independently Fabric development, Wash development and CAD for Print and Embellishment. The person should have good experience in market research and be able to coordinate with the Design Teams of the major retailers they supply to.
· Responsible for developing bestselling styles for young women's active and leisurewear
· Develop trend-led collections tailored towards suppliers' customers throughout the year
· Exposure and experience working with the US or UK markets.
· Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
· Strong organization and communication skills – ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve company objectives
· Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial products appropriate for specific customers.
· Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
· General to advanced understanding of garment structure and specs
· Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS office applications
· Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking
Excellent written and spoken English
This role is offering a fantastic salary and an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to work out of Hong Kong.
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted