Senior Menswear Designer
Opportunity for an experienced trend-led Senior Menswear Designer to join a growing and established supplier to world-wide retailers and brands. You will need a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar Design position, putting together a line with strong CAD skills.
- Being responsible for designing and developing Denim and Casualwear garments.
- Trend presentations to senior level, commercially identifying fabric/styles appropriate to the business.
- Confidently Initiate the Design and Development from concept to production.
- Undertake regular Comparative shop reports and fashion trends.
- International travel including Trade Exhibitions.
- Working closely within a team of designers, buyers and technologists to create commercial products.
- Ability to work effectively with customer design briefs.
- Strong understanding of Fabric and Trims.
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience, working with leading accounts.
- Proficient in Adobe, Photoshop and MS Office.
- Appropriate Software Design packages (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- The ability to translate catwalk designs into a commercial product.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communicator both internally and with clients.
- Ability to work independently and to adhere to the critical path.