My client a leading fashion retailer- their business is constantly evolving and the finance department must evolve with the business. In order to grow the finance department and the business, they require a Finance Director to help implement structure, set future strategies and targets & plan YOY, whilst overcoming market challenges.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to understand the business and the key elements of performance whilst considering how this impacts their role and those around them. They will not be afraid to be involved in the ‘doing’ of tasks and be someone who wants to develop their peers. The right candidate for this role is someone who sees themselves as a business leader and has a real desire to progress and make a big impact in a growing business.
Financial Director- The Role:
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Providing regular flash reports for all departments to ensure targets are hit
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk as well as identify opportunities to increase revenue/margin
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
Financial Director- The Person:
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- Commercial and business awareness, having a key understanding of an ecom business
- Several years of experience within finance at a similar level
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Leadership and management experience
- Integrity and honesty
- Understanding of data privacy standards and a good understanding of tax
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Proven ability of working under pressure working as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Superior attention to detail, organisational skills, planning skills, problem-solving, research, critical thinking and computer skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask with the capacity to make quick but rational decisions
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11566 JJ.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.