Junior Product Technologist - Furniture and Homewear
Our Client, a luxury bespoke Furniture and Homeware specialist is looking for a Junior Product Technologist to join their small team. The role of the Junior Product Technologist is to support the New Product Development Manager in maximising the profitability of the business area through improved product development, on time reception, reduced product quality issues and re-sourcing projects.
- Manage the technical aspects of projects/products for the business area ensuring all responsibilities are delivered in line with business & legal requirements
- Work with test houses where appropriate to ensure compliance and due diligence, maintaining company information systems in line with requirements
- Manage technical aspects of re-sourcing projects for the business area to deliver agreed cost saving KPI’s and off set price increases.
- Working with the product developer, design studio and sourcing offices to ensure all products are executed in terms of construction, fittings, means of production, finish, raw material, packaging, assembly instructions, labelling etc. to agreed quality and customer standards
- Be responsible for any quality problems which occur with existing products ensuring a quick resolution to any issue and maximising claims recovery for the business area.
- Assist the NPD Manager in implementing sourcing strategy to provide a flexible and efficient supplier base, consolidating suppliers where necessary
- Provide excellence in customer service to internal and external customers listening to and understanding their needs and responding in a customer focused manner.
- A degree or equivalent in Furniture or product focus
- Have previous experience in product technology working within furniture & homewares
- Have good time management
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of EU testing regulation
Apply for Junior Product Technologist - Furniture and Homewear
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly