Head of Production
V&C has been retained on a fantastic opportunity for an established Head of Production to join one of the fastest growing British Luxury sustainability accessory brands based in central London.
The position will working closely with Operations Director and design team and will ultimately be responsible for sourcing and developing the complete range, managing the production of accessories collections including Bags, belts, jewellery and clutches from their production facilities worldwide.
This exciting entrepreneurial positions will work closely with current and new supply base overseeing the product from conception to production – meeting margin, on time delivery and the brands aesthetic needs.
- Establishing production processes, leading ongoing artisan training initiatives, and determining approach to artisan engagement and support
- Monitor social impact strategy and targets
- Build and develop the product team to support growth of brand, defining the future operating model and hiring new team members as required
- Work with designers and leadership to drive product development and sampling activities
- Own the sampling process for new products and manage rounds of development and ultimate sign off to move to production
- Support production audit activities with third party audit groups and drive continuous improvement plans that address findings
- Create and maintain production strategy and plan for the range plan
- Lead new materials research, development, and procurement; with a key focus on sustainable and up-cycled materials
- Build the production capacity by leading growth planning for in house atelier and partner organisations
- Build detailed product costings to support product pricing decisions; monitoring product margins
- Creating the detailed quarterly budget and plan
- Establish and manage production schedules for all collections, special projects, and collaborations
- Manage material supply chain for production centres; establishing supplier relationships
- Monitor material inventories for production centres to ensure availability whole minimising
- Track and report on production schedule progress
- Establish logistics strategy to minimise costs and reduce environmental impact
- Build effective logistics network of agents, shippers, and distributers to support production centres and market strategy
- Own product shipping schedule to support launch timelines and sales channel needs
- Communicate shipping timetables to sales channel leads and key partners
- Action and manage a company testing procedure to ensure all components and fabrics comply with brand standards
- Action and manage the record keeping of factory profiles
- Negotiate on target costs throughout development to ensure company margin is achieved
- Ensure all products are of a quality that reflects the brands standards
- Manage the smooth transition of proto development to production and manage design to ensure all timelines are met
- Ensure all business tools are updated with correct information to ensure smooth hand over into production
- Manage all factories through production ensuring they are able to meet the brands expectations of quality, delivery, margin and capacity
- Manage key relationships with the supplier base
- To have a strong knowledge of product development process
- Good technical knowledge across accessories
- Excellent production management skills working with multi product areas.
- Good negotiation, communication and entrepreneurial skills
- At least 6 years in a production management capacity.
- Luxury and premium experience across hard good accessories required.
- Analytical mind-set working to strategic business goals
- Excellent organisation and planning skill
- Dedicated, hardworking and an excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel worldwide to production facilities