Senior Garment Technologist – Womenswear Plus, Petite, Tall & Maternity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Garment Technologist to join Glamorous on a full time and permanent basis. Working from our Manchester City Centre.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure critical path is managed with regards to fitting, sealing and production of garments
- Helping to manage the critical path for own buy products including the timely processing of development samples and sealers
- Attending fit sessions and helping to dress and measure the fit model and samples
- Liaising with our suppliers to relay technical and fitting details
- Collating and monitoring test reports
- Ensuring all products allocated meet the minimum standards of quality.
- Experience with multi-product and specialist sizes including Plus, Petite, Tall and Maternity
- Comprehensive knowledge of garment construction and production procedures
- Provide technical support to the Production Team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a similar business
- Knowledge of product testing and labelling, including wash care instructions
- The ability to analyse customer returns and help to put action plans in place
- Self-motivated and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change
- Strong communication and networking skills across all levels
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word, internet and email packages
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships across the business and with suppliers in person, by email and on the telephone
- Reliable, flexible and good at working within a team
- Good organisational skills
- 28 days holiday per year for full-time employees which increases with length of service. An additional day’s holiday will also be given for your birthday each year.
- Generous staff discount
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to become a Senior Garment Technologist for a successful and rapidly growing firm, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role.
Job Type: Full-time