Excellent Salary DOE
I am looking for a commercially minded yet highly creative Designer for a friendly, highly reputable high street supplier, based in Leicestershire, to work on childrenswear for their biggest customer. This role is to work on girlswear – from baby to toddler, through to older girls – so it is a really varied, exciting position.
This role requires someone with experience of designing trend led, exciting garments for girlswear. I am looking for aspirational portfolios which explore future trends and interesting new shapes for kids fashion, whilst also being commercial.
A Portfolio is required upon application and can be emailed separately to email@example.com [Max size 5MB]
Girlswear Designer – The Role:
- You will design and assist with design of a commercial trend inspired baby and childrenswear collections for one of the largest and most exciting high street retailers, focussing on girlswear.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends, catwalks influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines.
- You will liaise with customer on all aspects of design work and in turn help to develop product that is right for the customer by working with all of the product, fabric and graphic teams.
- You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Working closely with buying and merchandising teams to source, present and select commercial ranges.
- Excellent progression opportunities.
Girlswear Designer - The Candidate:
- This position is looking for previous experience within Girlswear.
- Ideal candidates will have 4+ years’ experience since graduating from University.
- Ideal candidate will have a design related Degree.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your idea's, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work.
- Have experience of working closely with overseas factories (ideally in Europe).
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Happy to travel regularly to European factory to work with the teams over there, building relationships and greater understandings.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11531 2KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.