Our client is a successful supplier to the UK high street and is looking for a production assistant with a background in fashion to join their busy team. This is an exciting opportunity with opportunities for long term career progression.
• Assist in all areas of the production process/ supply chain, in conjunction with the Account Manager, working closely with suppliers/ factories.
• Working in line with the critical path, ensuring the relevant deadlines are adhered to by suppliers and internally.
• Support the Account Manager by providing relevant information/ updates to ensure the timely delivery of customer orders.
• Assist with the purchasing, stock control and timely transportation of trims and packaging to suppliers.
• Build and maintain good relationships and effective communication with factories/ suppliers.
• Assist with the approval process, ensuring all products are approved at all stages of the process, and that any requested changes are made and communicated in a timely manner.
• Responsibility for correct data entry into CIMS- where relevant.
• Effective time management
• Good communication skills with customers, suppliers and rest of team
• Ability to work proactively and to trouble shoot
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• An understanding of clothing supply chains
• Proficiency in using computers/ technology, MS Office, email etc.