We are looking for a passionate and experienced swimwear designer who can create beautiful designs in line with the ethos of the Panache brand. Our ideal candidate will create the seasonal and core Swimwear collections in line the product design brief, whilst assisting in other product areas e.g. Sports and Lingerie as and when required.
Key responsibilities include...
- Monitoring and providing feedback on product and colour trends in the market by using various resources and techniques e.g. comparative shopping, trade and fashion shows, the internet, relevant design websites and trend prediction agencies.
- To create and develop colour palettes and mood boards for presentation to the Sales, Marketing and Product teams.
- Responsible for using CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop to provide drawings or sketches creating product concepts in line with the seasonal brief.
- Responsible for working to a design brief developing product that meets the agreed price points, target margins and be fit for purpose.
- To be able to present product in an organised and confident manner at internal design meetings, sales conferences and product workshops.
- Preparing PowerPoint / PDF presentations containing relevant information and CADs for all styles for use by the sales and marketing teams.
- Developing supplier relationships in conjunction with Supply Chain team. Sourcing exclusive raw materials, prints and trims. Identifying minimum quantity and cost issues that may affect margins and production levels.
- Progression and monitoring of selected styles through the design and development process, producing all necessary information including bills of materials, supplier information and colour standards.
- Work with garment technologists and graders through the product fit process to ensure the integrity of the design aspect is maintained while taking into account Panache’s fit and performance standards. Ensuring any changes are flagged up with the Design Manager and Product team.
- Manage and maintain the Vision system design files.
- Provide costing packs to manufacture(s) within given timeframe.
- Responsible for first wave of price negotiation with suppliers and manufacturers.
- To effectively risk assess every style with garment and fabric tech teams to ensure all styles are suitable to proceed to production, identify areas of concern or issues that may arise, and how to effectively manage those areas.
- Responsible for monitoring and prioritizing workload in line with the Design Calendar and Business Critical Path. Ensuring that sampling for Design meetings, key markets presentation and sales exec samples are of the required standard and are on time.
The ideal candidate...
- Understands Panache product brand image and position in the market.
- Has a good understanding of product engineering with a thorough knowledge of product fit, the fabric dynamics that affect this and the required Panache fit standard.
- Has a good understanding of CAD systems.
- Can identify market place trends and requirements with the ability to range build and translate the design vision into amazing products.
- Is strong communicator who is confident and able to build great relationships with colleagues across the business and suppliers alike.
- Has great organisational skills and can effectively manage own workload, sticking to agreed priorities and deadlines to meet the required standard.
- Is an excellent team player prepared to work outside of their job role to support the team.