Assistant Garment Technologist
The role of the Assistant Garment Technologist is to assist on ensuring garments meet our client's high quality standards. You will be working with the design team to process sealing garments through from tech pack to production ensuring that our suppliers are fully aware of all technical standards and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Assist in fit sessions and contribute to product improvements through technical research and quality benchmarking.
- To ensure fit comments go out in a timely manner in order to maintain the critical path deadlines.
- Collaborate with the design and production team to deliver on time, clear, concise product specifications that define technical and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure seals are correct for all specifications on the workbook.
- Liaise with the warehouse and carry out quality audits for incoming POs.
- Assist in ensuring that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right first time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance and fit requirements.
- Assist in reviewing submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- Labelling and swing tags - ensure correct swing tags are used on all product
- Range reviews/photo shoot/catalogue/wholesale samples- helping to get everything ready on time and to the highest standard specified
- Evaluating return rates monthly and recommend improvements where possible.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of an assistant garment tech role preferably within a quality background in either a supplier or retailer.
- Experience of pattern cutting and garment manufacture is highly desirable. Must be confident and able to measure garments accurately and quickly.
- Candidates should hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent level of manufacturing expertise.
- A high level of computer literacy and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure are essential.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
- Fashion/clothing technology (or similar) degree.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.