My client is looking for a driven and ambitious Womenswear Designer, with an excellent knowledge of leisurewear, loungewear and/or nightwear, a keen eye for trends and an excellent level of taste. The ideal candidate will also be passionate about constantly creating new ideas for their customer.
This exciting opportunity has arisen with a friendly and a successful importer of ladieswear fashion, and also branded side, based in their offices in Leicestershire. The office culture is fun and friendly and a bubbly, personable individual with an excellent work ethic would fit in well.
Please submit your commercial design portfolio along with your CV upon application – evidence of trend analysis, mood boards and most importantly commercial CAD garment designs is essential. This can be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org [Max size 5MB]
Womenswear Designer – The Role:
- You will design commercial, fashion focussed womenswear collection for their brand and also for their highstreet customers following their orders from concept to delivery.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends, catwalks influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines.
- You will be producing detailed, accurate tech packs as well as meeting with customers and take briefs.
- You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Working closely with other teams to source, present and select commercial ranges.
- Representing the business to the best of your ability
Womenswear Designer - The Candidate:
- This position is looking for previous womenswear design experience working within ideally leisurewear, loungewear and/or nightwear. Ideal candidates will have 8+ years’ experience since graduating from University.
- Ideal candidate will have a design related Degree.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Established relationships with ladieswear buyers
- Knowledge of tech specs and garment construction is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your idea's, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work.
- Have experience of working closely with overseas factories (ideally in Europe).
- You must have a good attitude and be happy to ‘roll up your sleeves and muck in with the team’, due to the nature of this small business.
- To apply please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com quoting reference 11565 HH.
Please note that applicants without portfolios will not be considered.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.