A fantastic opportunity to join an established and successful ladies fast fashion supplier. My client is looking for a driven and ambitious designer who specialises in jerseywear. The successful designer will be working on several exciting accounts for a mid-level fashion etailers.
Fashion Designer – The Role:
- Identifying future womenswear trends within this fast fashion, supplier environment
- Designing trend-led young fashion woven and jersey multi product collections – products range across dresses, tops, skirts, trousers and casual outerwear.
- Visiting fabric suppliers as well as sending fabric swatches and fabric sourcing
- Compiling comparative shop reports
- Face to face customers meetings
- Working closely with the Machinists and the technical Team.
Fashion Designer – The Person:
- Minimum of 3-4 years commercial industry experience working on similar fast fashion, highstreet product.
- Creative flair and innovation - proactive approach to design.
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
- Must have experience of designing across jersey and woven garments.
- Competent Photoshop and Illustrator computer skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative.
- Strong personality, able to get their view and ideas across effectively at all levels.
- Must be friendly and able to work well in a team.
- You will be working 1 day a week at the customer offices based in Manchester.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11595 HH.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.