We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Buyers at Senior level working across Men’s, Women’s and Children’s multi-product to join a reputable and well established retailer as Product Developer/Buyer.
You will be responsible for working in close relationships with internal teams and suppliers to develop new products and ensure new ideas are in trend and to customer standard.
Minimum experience of 5 years at established level from a well-known retailer or brand, with excellent communication and negation skills with factories and understanding of UK market to innovate and offer new products.
- Trend research, work with design and product development to develop products.
- Review best sellers from previous season in the market to offer new products to move on bestselling lines.
- Follow up with suppliers, merchandisers and technicians to interpret products meeting the key elements of the design sheets within the timelines.
- Visit factories to identify products in trend, share new ideas, products and work with designers to develop products to cover missed opportunities.
- Review design presentations, critical path and plan to visit with a collection from mills and factories.
- Work closely with all teams involved to offer the best product range to the required price points meeting demands of the market.
- Promote capabilities of the region and encourage designers, customers to visit factories, and mills in the region.
- Work with director and general manager to set sales and profit targets at the beginning of the year, review and drive teams and suppliers to meet targets at the end of the year.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in buying, design or product development role at an established retailer or brand.
- Knowledge and experience in Fashion Design, fabrications, product development, people management and working with manufacturers to interpret design sheets to samples
- Trend research and be updated WGSN, FASHION SNOOP and magazines.
- Knowledge and understanding of fashion market specially in UK and work to innovate and offer new products.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with customers to get competitive prices, go getter to get the best from the team and factories.
- Exceptional team player, resourceful and energetic.
- Training / development skills to develop teams and suppliers to improve developing products and remove restriction and ability to challenge to improve the product offer.
- Excellent Salary and expect benefits
- Spacious fully furnished apartment for you to choose with relocation assistance
- Availability of a car and a driver at your service
- Home trip and business travel to UK
- Membership of exclusive clubs and activities including holidays, facilities, spas, salons, food & beverages etc.
- Monthly branded clothing sales exclusively with a wide range of clothing from different brands.