Product Manager - Menswear/Boys
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an opportunity for a Product Manager to join their office in Bangladesh. Reporting to the General Manager you will maximise the Sales & Profit for your department by working closely with your design teams and ensuring you have the most appropriate local manufacturers.
Product Manager - The Role:
- Achieve sales targets.
- Set sales budgets together with Merchandising Manager for each relevant product category / department
- Establish Product & Sourcing strategies together with merchandising team to achieve the sales and margin target.
- Monitor status of sales and margin against the budget on a continual basis and react as necessary.
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer. Use this information and your understanding of the Product Offer from the Country / Region to develop strategies to grow the business.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within the company. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams.
- Manage the product offer from the Country / Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and lead times. Develop strategies with them to offer a competitive edge.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Ensure Customer visits to the Country / Region are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
- Solve problems and deal with issues professionally and promptly as they arise.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate
Product Manager - The Candidate:
- You’ll have a strong design or product development background for the UK market
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills to develop strategies to offer the brand a competitive edge
- Excellent communication skills to work with the Product Development, Yarn Sourcing, Merchandising and Technical teams to ensure we maintain our excellent Product Offer
- Be sales focused and commercially driven with good price negotiation skills
- Have excellent presentation skills to present products strategically
- Be resourceful, energetic, well-organised, analytical and competent
- A real self- starter and great problem solver
Product Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.