Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing
Job Description - Assistant Merchandiser (Retail)
Main Purpose of Job:
As an Assistant Merchandiser you will play a vital role within our Merchandising team. You will provide essential support to your department, and provide management support to the Merchandise Admin Assistant if applicable.
- Review & analysis previous season sales analysis by size at fit level and propose the future strategy for sizing for the relevant fit & product category.
- Produce par planners for each individual line dependant on the end use of the line.
- Assist the merchandiser with range building by providing analysis and proposals on; planned ROS, brand, fit, colour, design and pricing.
- Produce size scales for seasonal stock buys inline with critical path and ensure uploaded correctly on the buying minute
- Assist in training and supporting the departmental MDA where applicable.
Trade and Planning:
- Review core size availability on a weekly basis to maintain 95% availability. Propose actions required to the merchandiser in weekly trade and re scale where possible, ensure any agreements are actioned.
- Review & re-forecast core line cards on a weekly basis based on current performance. Propose any actions required in weekly trade to merchandiser on re-groups, par adjustments, phasing current commitment or any additional buys required.
- Review best sellers report on a weekly basis at line level. Propose any actions required to merchandiser in weekly trade on best/worst sellers; Regroups, distribution, intake & markdown proposals.
- Intake, working closely with Merchandiser to review weekly delivery schedule and critical path manage intake into the business. Raising any concerns to buyer/merchandiser which will impact; product launches, promotional activity or over stock.
- Liaise with suppliers & warehouse to ensure priority stock is on time and put away as soon as possible.
- Work closely with retail team to address any store stock issues and action accordingly
- WSSI maintenance; ensure OTB is updated on a weekly basis, intake is in the correct week & have an understand of closing stock targets of store group and YOY stock variance.
- Identify any overstock issues to merchandiser with proposal on how to reduce surplus stock and increase sell through.
- Maintain range plans to ensure all information is correct and intake is in the correct week.
- Ad Hoc reporting to support buying & merchandising.
- Strong understanding of competitors and their promotional activity.
- Complete the EBIS invoice checking on the accounts system where applicable. General office / departmental duties.
- Support MAA duties in their absence
- Stock availability
- WSSI maintenance
- If applicable to your department, support the departmental MAA with daily tasks and training.
Qualifications & experience:
- GCSE level C in Maths & English
- Ideally to have a relevant degree
- At least 18 months experience working as a Merchandise Admin Assistant- ideally in a related category.
Knowledge / skills:
- Relevant skills working within a B&M office - buying cycle, critical paths and stock management
- Creative flair
- Keen follower of trends
- Strong housekeeping and organisational skills
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Good visual presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- General IT literacy
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- UK travel may be required
Due to the volume of applications, unfortunately only successful applicants will be contacted based on an equal opportunities CV screening process.
Apply for Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly