Product Developer/Garment Technologist
Due to business growth our client is looking to recruit an experienced Product Developer/Garment Technologist.
Reporting to the PD Manager, you will be a key member of the Product Development team working across a variety of multi apparel mens & womenswear (tailoring to softs to knits).
You will develop all products in line with design requirements and quality standards driven by the client, design and business.
Product Developer/Garment Technologist - The Role:
- To ensure each customer's range is fit for purpose, practical, comfortable, durable and meets company standards
- To improve and support innovative technical solutions to improve product quality, cost and speed of delivery
- To work in line with the standard operating manuals and processes to ensure consistency of approach within the product development team
- Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts. To technically develop the products from initial prototype sample to production completion, including measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory and resolve the queries across the supply chain
- Managing each account to achieve the business critical path milestones
- Developing all raw materials to achieve the business standard and co-ordinate the comments/approvals. Maintain department records for all raw material development
- To support in updating and reviewing the business’s technical standards with a view to keeping them up to date with the latest legislation, requirements and technologies.
- The timely completion and accuracy of all specifications.
- Travel to the factory for sealing or approval process when required
Product Developer/Garment Technologist - The Person Specification:
- 3-5 years experience within a similar product developer or garment technical position
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting
- Pattern knowledge is desirable
- Confident communication skills: ability to self manage fits, customer contact, liaise with suppliers and factories
- To handle own sampling and approvals process from concept.
- Highly competent IT skills (Excel, Word). A knowledge of Illustrator. Familiarity with PLM systems would be advantageous
- Ability to manage own workload and be a team player.
- Ability to travel abroad for short periods.
Product Developer/Garment Technologist - The Company:
Our client is a leader in the design and supply of multi product garments and apparel with a growing portfolio of customers. They are based on the West/East Midlands border with great transport links.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11585 AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.