Digital Pattern Cutter (Gerber)
Digital Pattern Cutter (Gerber)
Excellent salary dependant on experience
I am looking for a friendly, hardworking individual with a solid background in Digital Pattern Cutting, with confident experience in using Gerber.
You will be working with great quality sports and performance product so a background in this – or maybe just a personal interest in sports, motorcycles and the great outdoors in general – would be beneficial but is by no means essential. Candidates with digital pattern cutting experience in any kind of apparel will also definitely be considered.
The company is an ambitious, fast growing brand with significant investments being made in production facilities, product development team and software. A friendly, hardworking product team that are always open to new ideas.
Location is commutable from Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield areas.
Digital Pattern Cutter (Gerber) – The Role:
- An exciting opportunity for a Digital Pattern Cutter to assist the design/development department on fits and amend patterns from production fit/handover to final production stage, via digital pattern cutting in GERBER.
- Digitising full range patterns and integrating them into the Gerber system.
- Working closely with Supply Chain, Product Development and Technical teams.
- Action initial sample fabric costings and update production fabric costing when required across all stages.
- To fit across all product categories at production fittings with the product development team, making all necessary amendments to patterns.
- Ensure that patterns are production friendly, within commercial sizing, and are compatible and converted for each factory’s use.
- To ensure pattern measurements are provided and updated for PPS packs and final production and QC tech packs.
- Raising pattern measurement specifications and handing over to garment technologist.
- Liaising with UK and overseas factories, to resolve any pattern issues that arise during development and production.
- Assist product development department at PPS-fittings.
- Adjusting patterns after last PPS-fittings, to make sure final patterns are signed off for production.
- Grade patterns in house making sure house grading rules and special specifications are followed through.
- Working closely with the product development department, to make sure all (graded) measurements, pattern info and specifications are handed over, so this is added to the Production and QC technical pack.
- Making sure at the end of the season, all digital (graded) patterns are retrieved from all factories, to make sure a full pattern library is created.
Digital Pattern Cutter (Gerber) – The Person:
- To have an excellent knowledge of the Gerber digital system.
- Experience within sportswear / motorcycle / technical / performance apparel is advantageous.
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of sizing and fitting.
- To have a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- To have knowledge of grading through the Gerber system.
- To have strong computer skills.
- To have the ability to work efficient and to tight deadlines.
- May be required to travel to Pakistan to work closely with our own factory.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11628 KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.