A fantastic opportunity has arisen to come and join a leading high street manufacturer, supplying multi product womenswear to some of the biggest players on the UK High Street.
They have a very strong reputation for design, fabric sourcing and product development and require a trend led womenswear designer to join the team in our Central London office.
Ideally the candidate will have at least 5 years experience, and be someone who can identify trends and translate into commercial product. They will be responsible for researching and designing multi product across Woven multiproduct- particular focus on dresses.
This is a very trend led, role and the candidate must have a young, fashion forward handwriting and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Womenswear Designer- The Role
- Compiling trend reports from Catwalks, blogs, editorial and social media
- Attending and contributing in design development meetings with Account Managers and presenting ideas, sketches and research to buying teams
- Competitive shopping trips in the UK and overseas and presenting bought samples and photos back to the customers
- Working closely with the Account Managers, assisting and supporting them with product development
- Be aware of sales figures and constantly work on new ways to update bestselling lines
- Sketching and spec’ing final designs to hand over to the Design Room Manager
- Attending fabric and print meetings and sourcing accordingly for the season at suitable price points
Womenswear Designer- The Candidate
- Design Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role at a supplier or retailer
- Trend led fast fashion Womenswear experience is a must
- Trend led portfolio with a commercial eye
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Strong hand sketching ability
- Confident in presenting ideas/research
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong Organisational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with buyers and suppliers
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 11626 JJ.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.