Junior Garment Technologist
My client is a successful is a well-established brand and distributor of sport/performance apparel and accessories and they are looking for a Junior Garment Technologist to add to a new division within their existing team.
Your role will be to assist the Garment Technologist to develop product in line with the brief, ensuring the clients’ expectations are being met, working to the critical path from design concept through to hand over to the production team.
Junior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Ensuring that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Discussing new designs with the product development team/garment tech and helping to decide on the best manufacture methods and block usage.
- Working out size specifications and planning how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
- Monitoring the production of sample garments and initiating any changes to the product to fit manufacturing requirements.
- Liaise with our UK & offshore pattern makers & sample rooms on amendments, providing technical support wherever necessary throughout the development process to ensure that all products achieve the brief, fit & quality standard.
- Working closely with the Garment Tech as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Work closely with our supplier base, ensuring that weekly WIP reports are maintained & correct.
- Attend weekly project meetings alongside garment tech.
- Assist at category fit sessions ensuring fit logs are maintained & updated after all fit sessions.
- Attend weekly development meeting with line managers to update on project progress or any risks to the business.
- Visits to overseas suppliers may be required.
- Arrange for garment, print or trim testing wherever necessary.
- Arrange for CE testing wherever necessary.
Junior Garment Technologist – The Candidate:
- Ideally have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Ideally have experience 1 year experience in similar role within industry.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with suppliers.
- Adobe Illustrator skills.
- An interest in sportswear/outdoor industry is advantageous.
- This role would be perfect for an Assistant Garment tech who is looking for the next challenge.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting reference 11627 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.