My client is a leading supplier of Menswear to many leading high street retailers. Due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced menswear account manager with a strong background in casual wovens who is motivated sales driven and looking to furhter develop their career .
The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills who can work alongside the Sales Director to maintain and develop their existing customers .
For this role you will need to men's casual woven product knowledge and experience of liaising and dealing with the Far East.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Communicate with Buyers / customers on day to day issues
- Required to build and maintain good working relationships both within the team and with other teams/departments within the Company
- Product development and managing the critical path
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- General Admin, chasing samples, organising samples, taking photos of garments, keeping clear records of submits and approvals
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with design team, and sales director present new product to customers
- Negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree cost prices with customers
- Travel in UK to visit existing customers
- Must possess excellent inter personal and communication
- Ability to take direction; work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Previous experience working for a menswear supplier highly advantageous
- Good understanding of Mens Woven garments
- Must be capable of working under pressure
- Have an ability to work to critical deadlines
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner with attention to detail
- Experience working with India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh factories preferred