This long-established apparel and footwear business owns and licenses leading International iconic brands. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an Apparel/Graphics Designer of Menswear to join their dedicated team based in the design and development facility of the business in a creatively stimulating environment, reporting to the Head of Design, duties will include:
- To research and design brands in the portfolio as directed by Head of Design and Account management.
- To continually be aware of market trends both internally and externally
- To take responsibility for the performance of your designed range.
- Be aware of new factories and their techniques (i.e. new washes, print or embroidery techniques)
- Work in partnership with Sales and Development Teams.
- To visit Trade Shows and retail both within the UK and overseas to gain an overview of future trends.
- Work in conjunction with the product development team.
- Present detailed line art of ranges to the Account Manager, once in receipt of design brief.
- Work with marketing on styling suggestions for any marketing/advertising material, by presenting line sheets /mood boards.
- Develop working relationships within the design team so work can be shared and creative ideas pooled for the benefit of the team.
- Visit factories where appropriate to keep up with manufacturing techniques.
- Use trend prediction agencies such as WGSN to propose colour palettes etc.
- To work within the critical path when possible to improve lead times
Applications are invited from successful Apparel Designers ideally with mens branded fashion experience. You must be a confident communicator and team player with an eye for detail and the flexibility to work in a fast paced environment. Equally important is your exceptional creativity and understanding of trends and the latest and upcoming fashions. CAD skills are essential as is previous experience in a similar design role with around 12 months experience.
- Very competitive salary that depends on experience.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV to