Elite have partnered with a womenswear brand well known to the high street. They're looking for an Assistant Buyer to join the Buying team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute and support the team to develop a balanced and commercial product range .
What will you do as Assistant Buyer?
- Supports the team with the review of last season’s performance and lessons learnt
- Keeps up to date on trends through comparative shopping and research
- Supports the development of product ranges so that they reflect the visual style of the Brand
- Contributing to range building activities and support the Buyer by:
- Attending supplier meetings with Buyer
- Approving samples
- Ensuring range building and range sign off activity adheres to the critical path by dealing with any ad-hoc requests/queries from internal/external parties
- Ensure all POs contain the right information and are raised in line with critical path dates
- Supports the Buyer with red seal pre shipment process and the management of critical path, fit sessions and put forward solutions
- Reviews sales data and offers commercially viable suggestions to the Buyer
- Price negotiations
- Ensure correct orders are raised in a timely manner
- BMI reports checked daily and systems discrepancies corrected daily
- Approval of samples, lab dips and bulk materials (where relevant)
- Oversee that samples are received within critical path
- Support brand for all communication channels i.e. press Day, workshops
- Ensure samples and information (when required) is passed over to all communication channels on time i.e. press, international and web.
- Develop a balanced and commercial product range with support of line manager
What you will need to succeed as Assistant Buyer?
- Keen interest in fashion and trends
- Good commercial eye
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Active team player who constantly contributes and supports other members
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Word & Excel) with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deputise and support the Junior Buyer closely
- Flexibility and ability to work at pace, in a fast-moving environment
- Have experience in branded womenswear
What will we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Bonus day off each year after 6 months service
- A pension that you will automatically be enrolled in after 3 months
- Life assurance (subject to participating in the pension scheme)
- A flexible working approach
- Early pay day Friday finish
- A generous staff discount with up to 50% discount on our products
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym membership at our on campus gym
- Additional discounts such as Westfield discount, Taste card membership etc
If this all sounds great and you feel you are who we are looking for, let us know and apply today.