We are looking for a creative individual who is as passionate about the sport and streetwear world as our longstanding client, who manages a portfolio of leading lifestyle sportswear brands, which is rapidly expanding and they are looking for a Junior Designer across sports/streetwear womenswear & menswear ranges to be based in their new office in Shoreditch.
As an Assistant Designer you must be passionate about design and be enthusiastic with an edgy urban handwriting reflected in your portfolio.
This a unique opportunity for an Assistant Designer to work on a different variety of projects and bespoke collections working closely with the senior team. An excellent eye for detail and colour is essential, together with knowledge of the current sport and streetwear market.
As an Assistant Designer you will be:
- Researching trends and key items seasonally
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours and fabrics based on the seasonal brief.
- Initiate original design sketches/technical specs for all the styles following the seasonal brief.
- Research and maintain knowledge of relevant womenswear, menswear and active/sportswear trends and history to advise on silhouettes, finishes and suitability of fabrics etc.
- Putting together mood and trend boards
- Working closely with the Design Manager to range build seasonally
- Keep up to date records of all design and development for each style, fabrication details and print.
- Put together spec sheets and technical packs for your designs
- To follow range plans and critical paths, and ensure that all deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate / Experience and Skills Required:
- You will ideally have at least 1-2 years’ experience in Apparel Design role in the fashion/lifestyle/sportswear industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of CLO 3D is a plus.
- Experience in research and initial board ideas, through to design development and creation of technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of trends and researching trends within relevant market
- Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed specifications, both freehand and using design programmes.
- Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, with a good understanding of pattern cutting.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
- A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, and the arts.
Location: Shoreditch, London
Salary: Market rage depending on experience.