We have an excellent opening for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join a leading Womenswear Brand!
The Assistant Garment Technologist works alongside the Senior Garment Technologist to delivery consistent premium product quality, aligned with the business and department objectives having a well-developed understanding of the target customer.
The Assistant Garment Technologist supports administrative tasks involved in the creation of technical garment specifications released to suppliers for an individual collection, working closely with a Senior Garment Technologist.
Taking an active role in fitting and sealing a small but targeted section of the department, liaising with suppliers, factories, writing and sending fit comments all under the supervision of the Senior technologist.
The Assistant Garment Technologist works within the QA and buying teams building positive relationships, cultivating partnership at all times with peers and Suppliers. Demonstrating and implementing the Brand's values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
• Working as assistant to the Senior Garment Technologist, supporting communication across supply base and product type in line with differing fabrications, analysing problems and understanding proposed solutions to translate the needs of the Design and Buying teams into the delivered product.
• Understands test reports, highlights potential issues to the Senior Technologist.
• Develops close working relationships with all Suppliers to improve understanding product development, fitting, sealing and writing comments.
• Assisting the Senior Garment Technologist in administration, monitoring and revising critical paths providing feedback on performance of supply chain – promoting quality assurance
• Visits the distribution centre alongside the Senior Garment Technologist, supporting the follow up on corrective action on all rejected merchandise.
• Supports the Senior Garment Technologist to analyse returns/faulty product to identify generic and specific quality issues, applies lessons learned.
• Developing an understanding of Brand product development standards, gaining knowledge of machinery and construction methods from peers and supplier/manufacturers.
• Perform other related duties as required
Skills and experience required
• IT literate with skills in Word, Excel and Outlook packages
• Foundation in fashion & product development with relevant experience working in a Head office or manufacturing environment
• Possess a sense of urgency to work at pace but with enough patience to complete tasks with an attention to detail.
• Team player - maintaining close working relationships with peers and colleagues, adapting style and approach to meet the needs of the team and suppliers without compromising standards.
• Able to build effective working relationships at all levels both with suppliers and colleagues in a way that appears natural and effortless.
• Professional and credible with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Able to multi task and prioritise effectively.
up to £24k