We are looking for an Assistant Product Developer to join our highly successful client, in their homewares division.
The Assistant Product Developer will report into the Head of Product Development and the duties will include:
- Source products, materials and components
- Thorough research into new products, the market and competitors
- Approving samples against the specs
- Developing, building and buying ranges
- Working with the manufacturers and in the Far East
- Demonstrate clear communication and teamwork skills working with the other in-house teams, including designers and sales
- Learning the sales figures and best sellers and attending weekly meetings
With the Assistant Product Developer working on their in-house brand, and being hands on with development ranges, this would be an ideal position for a Buying Assistant or Assistant Buyer looking to make a move into a new environment and gain new skills.
The Assistant Product Developer will initially work a 12-month contract with the possible view to be made permanent.