Our client is a fast paced multi product fashion business who due to phenomenal growth have a fantastic opportunity for a Boyswear Designer to join their team. The business worked with multiple retailers, higher end brands and also overseas retailers. They are are a vertical integrated design and manufacturing company specializing in knitted garments (sweats, jersey gym wear and active wear products), with wholly owned manufacturing in 3 locations: Ningbo, Jiang Xu and Cambodia.
This role will suit a creative designer who is pro-active, trend driven with an innovative approach to their work. You will produce creative boys' leisurewear designs/products. Working collaboratively with the merchandising team to deliver a seamless product development process to their key customers.
Reporting to the Head of Design you will lead by example to other team members by being proactive across the business, putting business needs first and being a fantastic team player with a positive attitude within our ever-growing design team.
Boyswear Designer - The Role:
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends – fabric, colour, prints, graphics, techniques, shape. Identifying areas for development each season, along with identifying trends for boys’ leisurewear.
- Designing collections and be responsible for your own customer accounts and departments, these must be suitable for the target market.
- Liaising closely with the Merchandising teams in both the UK & Far East.
- Working closely with the buyers, meeting with them on a regular basis over VC or face to face.
- Managing own workload and deadlines and being aware of deadlines around you and being able to help other team members.
- Complete design packs for factories, in an accurate and clear manner.
- Travel abroad for meetings, research/shopping trips.
- Source and develop fabrics and techniques that fit with the customers’ requirements each season that also fits into cost boundaries.
- Taking responsibility for keeping design documents up to date.
Boyswear Designer - The Candidate:
- Minimum 3 years proven, commercial design experience
- Excellent organisational and good planning skills, with an attention to detail
- Competent CAD user, with a strong knowledge of the adobe package with a strong focus on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adaptability/flexibility and very comfortable sharing ideas and working in a team, similarly, be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner.
- An ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work to critical, sometimes tight deadlines
- Must have a commercial eye and be able to design both garment shapes and graphics and be self-motivated and confident in their abilities.
- Must be proactive driving new creatives/ideas for your accounts.
- To understand costings and be able to design into customer price points, alongside being able to assist the factory with engineering garments that fit into customers price points.
Boyswear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
- Good holidays
- Performance related bonus
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy