Alsico UK is part of the Alsico family of companies, a third generation privately owned Belgium business founded in 1934, today we employ over 8000 people and dispatch over 18 million garments a year. The Alsico group is the largest purchaser of workwear fabrics in Europe.
Position Profile: Ethical, Environmental and Sustainable Assistant
Location: Preston, UK
Reporting to: Business Compliance & Quality Manager
Role purpose: Working with a wider team on projects relating to carbon reporting, compliance and low carbon roadmaps. We are interested in an individual that can contribute in the following areas:
- Developing corporate carbon footprint reporting against GHG Protocol or ISO 14064-12018(2019)
- Maintaining knowledge of energy/carbon policy developments, carbon accounting and wider energy/sustainability issues.
- Research into industry best practice for environmental impact mitigation plans
- Achieving company net zero by 2034
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Progressing our Ethical Trading Initiative membership program
- On-boarding and maintaining supplier compliance to Ethical Trading Policies
- Product Life cycle-assessments (LCA) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- Due diligence and record keeping of recycled material standards and products, GRS, RCS, RCC,
- BCI Better Cotton Initiative membership
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level or with relevant experience or a real passion to learn.
- Knowledge of textiles and clothing manufacture would be advantageous
- Proactive with an interest in the sustainability of the textile industry
- A desire to bring innovation to the life cycle of work clothing
- Analytical, data driven, proficient Excel user. Able to prepare visual outputs of results in an engaging and meaningful way for training and presentation purposes.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with suppliers and customers, some of whom English will not be their first language.
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks and work to critical path requirements
- Analytical problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
Our commitment to you:
- In return we will support and encourage you to develop your skills and experience across all sectors of the business, giving you the opportunity to explore and shape your career within a growing sector.
- Working with business partners around the world you will have the opportunity to improve people’s lives and working conditions within the textile industry whilst actively reducing climate change
- Flexible remote working is available after a probation period
- Competitive salary based on experience
If you are interested in working for a forward thinking company pls contact