A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Misirli team as a Buyer.
Interested in becoming part of well-established company renowned for delivering innovative design solutions to UK High Street retailers and grocers? Delivering innovation, quality and value on time…every time is at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for an individual who has the experience and shares our passion and eye for detail.
Misirli are a leading manufacturer and supplier of their own brand and licensed character nightwear, underwear, hosiery and socks and have been in this business for over 50 years. Our design development team are well regarded as one of the most creative, trend led teams in the industry, with great knowledge of the products we manufacture.
To be the key driver of the buying team, managing the critical path. Proactively and enthusiastically working with the sales team to plan on new orders and buying opportunities to achieve the company strategy. Contributing to the Buying / merchandise team in a proactive and confident manner through the entire critical path process.
To be motivated, work well independently and as a team whilst showing a positive attitude.
Required to communicate in Turkish, both verbally and written.
Demonstrating strong communication skills via telephone and email to liaise with customers to ensure updates are delivered to them in the most appropriate form.
Demonstrating strong Internal communication within all departments. Working pro-actively to monitor and chase through all actions to ensure critical path is on time.
Build and maintain good relationships and effective communication with factories, customers and internal teams
- Must have experience of dealing with UK systems including Critical Path and just in time management.
- Experience and understanding of the sock manufacturing process
- Experience of and dealing with Packaging suppliers both in the UK and offshore.
- Involves customer reporting of Critical Path updates and managing deliveries/progress updates
- Providing accurate data to the accounts department to enable generation of Work Orders to factory following customer requirements
- Monitoring Shipment schedules – ensuring all goods leave the factory on time and that they comply with order.
- Working closely with the UK teams, particularly merchandisers, supervising the staff and assisting with training.
- Choosing new products and services, deciding on the type and quality of that product or service and keeping up to date with market trends. As well as monitoring the quality of incoming goods and returning unsatisfactory or faulty items.
- Creating Works Orders under the company processes and cross checking of all orders agreed, to ensure agreed costs are correct throughout the business programs and with the factory
- Attend customer meetings with Sales and Design as required as well as demonstrations to research new product lines and suppliers
- Cross checking of packaging – Signing off all packaging according to customer requirements
- Contribute to the daily operations of the business to ensure we meet the business’s needs and customers’ expectations.
This is a great opportunity to join an established business with exciting advancement opportunities for the right candidate.
Hours of work:
Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 17:00pm
Friday 08:30am – 15:00pm
30 minute lunch break every day
£26,000 per annum